Thursday, September 16, 2010

Warning: TMI Post!

Let me start by saying this: The women in my family are chesty women. And I'm definitely not lacking in the "cup runneth over" area. One thing I am lacking in? The "my boobs still look cute" area. I have nursed two little boys suck-the-life-out-of-mommy's-breasts-monsters. And I know that currently being 56 pounds lighter than I was when I delivered CJ doesn't help with the lack of volume. Add on top of that the fact that I'm on my way to losing another 25 pounds...well suffice it to say I am coming to terms with the fact that it's not gonna be a pretty picture.

I also inherited another wonderful trait from the women in my family. Stretch marks. And for everyone out there that's about to tell me that their mother's best friend's hair stylist's dog-walker swears by some cream that costs $90 for half-an-ounce...bite your tongue. I. Tried. It. All. None of it works!

I can accept the fact that my body is a different shape after having children. I can accept the fact that I will always have dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep. And I can also accept the fact that 6 out of 7 days of the week, my hair will be in a ponytail. But...there are ways to fix my other two problems, and I'm not against going to those extreme measures. Here's where I run into a bit of a snag: I'm a Christian and I get tired of hearing people telling me that my body is a temple of God and He created me the way I am so I should just accept it. No, God didn't make me this way. I abused this temple and now I just want to fix it so that it's back to the way he created it. I look at it like this. If you had a bunch of tattoos all over your body (and please don't go there about tattoos being bad too, because I have 4) and decided you really didn't want them anymore, would you be against removing them?

Now, I'm not saying I want some ridiculous Heidi Montague-esque twins, in fact I wouldn't mind them being a little smaller. I just want them back where they belong! And my tummy? Yeah let's tuck that too while we're at it.

So that's that. I'm a heathen who's facing eternal damnation because of the choices that I'm making. What do you all think?

2 comments:

  1. Ashley you are funny, and yes I can totally relate. this only my personal two cents about it. You did not abuse your body, you had children and we all know our bodies are never the same after. So anywho you have to do what feels right for you and only you:) Capisce! Besides people are always trying to change their temples, if this wasn't true then the diet industry would be dead :)

    Again this is only my two cents.

    Oretis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I think we should just go ahead and schedule our appointments together :)

    I actually have an agreement with Wayman that if I lose the amount of weight I want to lose (between 80-100 pounds) and if I keep the weight off for a year...I can get a tummy tuck (or whatever I want/need at that time). Not really for vanity reasons- but after you lose that amount of weight on top of having 2 kids in 20 months...you're body just needs help. As silly as it sounds, I can't wait!!

    I totally say go for it, you're entitled! And you aren't damaging your body/temple...you are enhancing it and making it better!!!

    ReplyDelete