Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm Gonna Pay For This Tomorrow...

Tonight I met my friend, Cindy, at her gym for a half-hour run. I was a little apprehensive because I have only run with her once before and she.kicked.my.butt! No, seriously. It was the first time I had run since high school and we ran almost three miles. Not to mention the fact that she's the friend I mentioned in my first post that runs halfs. But, I was excited to show her the progress I made and figured it would be good to have someone else there to motivate me since it was going to be another treadmill run. Blah! Wait, I told another runner friend I wouldn't complain about treadmill running anymore considering the alternative is running in 100 degree weather. So I take that "blah" back. Anyway, after all is said and run (you like that little pun, huh? :)) I'm happy with it. I did stop and walk for about 60 seconds, but despite the serious case of chub rub I have going on I'm feeling great! I am however meeting with the trainer at 9 in the morning, so I'm sure I'll be nice and sore half way through the leg curls, lunges, and calf workouts he'll undoubtedly have me doing. So, with that, goodnight and please pray that I'll still be able to walk after tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment