Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Trainer for Training?

My training schedule today called for strength training. And I'll be honest, when it comes to machines I'm pretty clueless. I pretty much just use any machine that looks easy enough and that I can easily mimic the drawing of the skinless muscle man on the side. I try to stick with specific areas each day, i.e. arms, legs, etc., but figured that since today I was doing only strength training I would just work them all. No problem with that, right? Well, apparently I'm totally wrong.

After about twenty minutes of wandering around the equipment and doing what I thought would work, a trainer walked up to me and said, "You seem to be kinda all over the place. Do you need some help?" Am I really that obvious?! Surprisingly enough, I wasn't at all embarrassed and being aimlessly rambling about my goals and how I've never been athletic and pretty much admitting that I didn't have a clue about what I was doing. He (how did I not get his name?) was amazing and patient and knew exactly what I need to do to get to where I want to be. Needless to say, he worked my butt off and I felt amazing! I'm meeting with him again on Friday, at which time I'm sure he'll hand me a list of his out-of-this-world prices that I'll never be able to afford and I'll have to admit that my cheapskate frugal husband won't go for it. (I love you babe, and your tight wallet!) But, I figure I'll just take everything that I can learn from him and go with it.

On my way towards the day care area he told me that if I was planning on doing any cardio before I left, the stair stepper would be best for me. I wasn't planning on it, but I just took that as, "I know your BMI and body fat percentage. Your fat butt needs to get on that stair stepper." So, I got to stepping.

2 comments:

  1. Haha that last part made me laugh! What training schedule are you doing? Couch to 5k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing inspiration! Great job Ash!!!

    ReplyDelete