Monday, August 9, 2010

Yardwork = Major Calorie Burn!

I am not going to lie. I do not have a green thumb. What's the opposite of a green thumb? Because that's what I have. I killed a cactus one time. Yes, a cactus. For this reason, I have never done any type of yardwork beyond pulling weeds. Because those are supposed to die anyway, right? Well, today I decided to take my boredom out on our seriously overgrown backyard which probably wasn't a great idea since the hubby was bite by this disgusting creature in the backyard last night.


Surprisingly enough, I actually kinda enjoyed myself. And, according to this calories-burned calculator, I burned around 313 calories. Not bad for only 45 minutes of trimming bushes! Another plus: In the process of my over-zealous bush-killing (let's be honest here!) I found a baseball, a bowling ball, a batman, a screwdriver, and a drumstick. I am so not joking, I couldn't make that stuff up if I wanted to.

I even got a nice little blister to commemorate all of my hard work.


Here's what my backyard looks like now. Please ignore the embarrassing number of toys. I had to keep the boys occupied somehow! I know that I am not a professional by any means. And that that bush in the middle looks a little ridiculous. But, see all of those clippings on the ground? Now imagine those sticking out everywhere. Yeah, that's right, my version is better. And if we're being completely honest here, I'm going to admit that I did all of that work with my kitchen shears. In my pajamas. At 2:00 in the afternoon.

Now, if only I could convince my neighbors behind us to prune theirs a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment