Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Let's Up the Ante

Lately I feel like I need more. Remember when I mentioned my ADD when it comes to exercising? I get bored doing the same things over and over. So, we got a 30-day pass to a local gym. They have an amazing child care center that will only cost $15 per month so that I don't have to rely on family to watch the boys for me. FYI: I have a very difficult time asking people to watch my boys for me. I don't know why, I just feel like I'm being a burden. Anyway, today was my first day and so far, so good. The boys did amazing and could care less that I left them in the child care area, all they cared about was the fact that there were about a hundred toys that they had never seen before, and only about five kiddos, including them, to go around! Heaven! Today was my half-hour run (yeah, it's now 30 minutes, instead of 25!) but I didn't want to just run, so I did some strength-training. Which I loved! So much better than standing in front of my TV and screaming at Jillian in my head (and not out loud) so that people won't think I'm crazy. Then, I moved onto my run. This was my first time ever running on a treadmill. It was not easy hard! It's going to take some getting used to, but I know that if I hang in there, I'll get used to it. :)

Oh, and this is my third week of training! Yeah for committing to, and sticking to (that's the big part!), getting healthy!

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about asking people to watch logan too :). What gym did you join? I worked out at ballys yesterday and it was amazing! Ive had this membership for almost a year and barely use it (and child care is included in the cost- i just cant bring myself to leave logan there yet) And tredmil running will get easier! I ran yesterday and it was perfect cause i had a fan blowing right on my face :) Your doing a great job Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, Ashley! And weights before running? You're like an old pro! (AND training in the right order!) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i so agree. Treadmill running is so hard! When I trained for my half marathon, I had to do a lot of training runs on the treadmill and I thought I was going to DIE!! Good luck!! Congrats on keeping with it!

    ReplyDelete